Fancy ice cream, but you’re trying to lose weight or keeping healthy? Here’s a dairy-free vegan alternative to the usual processed high-calorie version you find in the shops – banana ice cream! With the only ingredient being bananas, this homemade gelato isn’t a guilty pleasure but a healthy dessert or snack.
Prep 15 minutes
- 2 ripe bananas (allow 1 medium banana per person minimum)
- Any flavours or toppings you’d like, such as cocoa powder, coconut shavings, almond flakes, peanut butter, raspberries, chocolate chips, …
- Slice the bananas and freeze them for a minimum of one hour.
- Blend the bananas in a food processor. Don’t be in a hurry – it takes time. Keep on blending and scraping down until all the banana blend has become smooth.
- Add your chosen toppings and blend or stir well. I chose chocolate buttons.
- Put back in the freezer until it gets a bit more solid.
- Serve while cold – it gets really soft very quickly.
Now go and free your creativity – create your favourite flavours at home!