If you’re planning to go camping with a permanent base to stay at every night, camper camping is the most luxurious and comfortable option there is. I’ve spent my childhood going on holiday exclusively by camper, and I think this is a great way to camp.
I’ve traveled around most of Western Europe and the Greek islands on my family’s camper, and I have very fond memories of all my travels. I also used to go skiing every other weekend in the Alps on it. Camper camping is definitely one of my favorite holiday styles, and I dream of owning my own one day.
Why is camper camping so good then?
- You can stop anywhere (if permitted) and camp – no need to pitch up or loos or showers. Just park and camp!
- There is an actual kitchen where to cook.
- The food won’t go to waste or hot, as you have a fridge and freezer to store all your precious supplies.
- You can lock your belongings up.
- Electricity is at hand for anything from charging your phone to using a fan.
- You can shield yourself from the sun with an awning.
- There is plenty of storage room for clothes, food, table, and chairs, …
- You can go to the loo while traveling
- There (usually) is a powerful sound system.
- You have more privacy than in a tent.
- There’s heating on the camper, so you won’t feel cold in the winter.
- You can quickly and easily move camp somewhere else if you don’t like the place or spot you chose
- While on the go, you won’t waste time taking your tent down before hitting the road.
- You can have a shower on the camper.
- When it rains, you will feel at home sitting on the sofa or at the table.
- You won’t need to get outside for a middle of the night wee or the classic early morning wee.
- There’s space for bikes (or a motorbike) at the back.
Do I need to say more?