Fancy something new and healthy, but you’re stuck on ideas, and you don’t like to put much effort into your cooking? This oats and olives frittata will blow your mind. It’s delicious, quick to make, healthy, and it will keep you full for longer than a traditional frittata. It contains whole oats – these natural carbs will fill you up without realizing they’re even there. You’ll be too overwhelmed by the flavour of the olives and rosemary, I promise.
Prep 5 minutes
Cook 5 minutes
- 4 eggs
- 10 pitted kalamata olives
- 40g whole oats
- 1 sprig of fresh rosemary
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- Slice the kalamata olives into halves.
- Heat up the coconut oil in a nonstick frying pan.
- Beat the eggs until they are thick and orange.
- Add the olives, oats, rosemary, and salt and pepper to the eggs and stir gently.
- When the coconut oil is hot, pour the egg mix into the pan.
- Cook for a couple of minutes until the lower side is firm and cooked.
- Flip the frittata and cook the other side for one or two minutes until it is cooked to your preference.
- Serve warm with a side salad.
For another of my recipes featuring eggs, check out my goat’s cheese and spinach omelette post.