With the evenings getting longer and chillier and the winter soon upon us, I can’t help experimenting with soup recipes these days. As I mentioned already about… 200 times, I absolutely love Oriental cuisines, especially Japanese.
So this time, I’ve created an Oriental-inspired soup featuring black kale (cavolo nero) and Shitake mushrooms. If you’re craving Japanese food but feel cold, this recipe should make for an excellent fix.
Prep 5 minutes
Cook 10 minutes
- 120g brown rice, soba, or udon noodles
- 300g Shitake mushrooms
- 3 spring onions
- 2/3 leaves of black kale or nori seaweed
- 1 tbsp vegetarian miso paste
- 1 vegetable stock cube
- Soy sauce to taste
- Cook the noodles according to packaging instructions.
- Meanwhile, bring 1.5 litres of water to boil.
- Slice the mushrooms, kale, and spring onions.
- Add the miso paste and veggie stock cube.
- Add the mushrooms, kale, and spring onions.
- Cook for 3 to 5 minutes until the mushrooms are soft.
- Add the soy sauce and stir well.
- Add the noodles and take off the heat.
- Serve while hot.
For another Oriental recipe, why not try making my homemade vegetarian sushi?