Polenta Con I Funghi is a dish typical of my region – Lombardia. I felt a bit nostalgic lately, missing mostly the summer weather from home. So I recreated a Sunday dish that is cheap, healthy, and most of all warm for this horrible rainy weather.
Try my polenta with mushrooms.
Prep 5 minutes
Cook 15 minutes
- 160g organic polenta
- 500g mushrooms
- 1 medium onion
- 1 clove of garlic
- salt to taste
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Chop the mushrooms in your favourite shape.
- Dice the onion and the garlic thinly.
- In a frying pan, heat up the oil, onion, and garlic. Add the mushrooms and the rosemary.
- Cook for 10 minutes and then salt.
- Cook the polenta according to packaging instructions.
- Serve the mushrooms on top of the polenta.
Usually, if you buy organic polenta, it’ll be ready in 5/10 minutes. However, other kinds of polenta can take up to an hour to cook.
For another polenta recipe, check out my healthy polenta chips.