I don’t know about you, but with the winter upon us, I start to crave lots of nourishing baked and steamed vegetables. I love to warm up with some greens and wintery veggies. This is one of my new favourite recipes – a rainbow winter warmer. It combines rainbow chard, butternut squash, kale, and feta for an extra tasty evening meal.
Prep 10 minutes
Cook 30 minutes
- 200g kale
- 1 small butternut squash
- 60g feta cheese
- 8 leaves of rainbow chard
- Preheat the oven to 200°C.
- Dice the butternut squash into small cubes and make sure to keep some of the seeds.
- Stick in the oven for 30 minutes.
- In the meantime, steam the rainbow chard.
- Once the butternut squash has been in the oven for 15 minutes, add the seeds to it and bake them for 10 minutes.
- Bake the kale for 2-3 minutes. Keep an eye on it to make sure it doesn’t burn.
- Put all your ingredients on a plate and crumble the feta on top of the kale.
- Serve while hot.
Consider having baked chestnuts for dessert.
For another of my recipes featuring kale, check out my kale and Quorn warm salad.
This recipe was submitted for Elizabeth Kitchen’s credit crunch munch organized by Fab Food For All and Fuss Free Flavours.