Vegetarian fajitas are the perfect treat for a lazy Saturday night. To make the dish slightly healthier, I avoided making salsa, used lighter Cheddar cheese and replaced the sour cream with Greek yoghurt. The result was a scrumptious flavoursome dinner.
Prep 10 minutes
Cook 15-20 mins
- 1 onion
- 2 peppers
- 200g Quorn chicken style pieces
- 1tbsp raw coconut oil
- 4 tortilla wraps
- 80g lighter mature Cheddar cheese
- 150g Greek yogurt (instead of sour cream)
For the seasoning mix
- 1 teaspoon of paprika
- 1 teaspoon of chilli powder
- 1/4 teaspoon of cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon of garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon of sugar
For the guacamole
- 1 avocado
- 1 clove of garlic
- 10 cherry tomatoes
- 1/4 of a lime, juiced
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- salt to taste
- Slice the onion and peppers and dice the tomatoes.
- In a large frying pan, heat the coconut oil up.
- Add the onion and peppers and leave on medium heat for 5 minutes.
- In the meantime, mix the spices together.
- Add the Quorn. Leave it on the fire for a couple of minutes and add the seasoning.
- Stir well and cook for 5-10 minutes.
- In the meantime, dice the avocado and mash it.
- Add thinly chopped garlic, the diced tomatoes, oil, and lime juice. Mix well.
- Add salt and stir well.
- To assemble the fajitas, spread some guacamole on the tortilla, add the yoghurt, and then the Quorn and veggies. Sprinkle the cheese on top. Wrap it up, and… devour!
Avoid buying guacamole, salsa, and sour cream from the supermarket – they are heavily processed and full of chemicals. Quorn might not be the cleanest of foods, but if you only have it only once in a while, it’s a delicious extra source of protein.
If you think you’ll miss the fajitas’ spicy element, you can make the seasoning mix spicier by adding more chilli powder or adding fresh chilli peppers to the wraps.
For another filling Quorn recipe, check out my avocado and Quorn sandwich.