Looking for a creative way to eat your whole foods and greens in this cold winter weather? Bored of sipping soup? Warm salads are a great option. This warm 7 grains salad is super hearty and healthy. It’s a perfect dinner recipe for wet wintery nights – it’ll warm you up and keep you full for long.
Prep 5 minutes
Cook 25 minutes
- Pack of 7 grains (barley, emmer wheat, durum wheat, buckwheat, red rice, black rice, and oats)
- 250g mushrooms
- 1 broccoli
- 3 leaves of black kale
- 1 onion
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- 1 tbsp soy sauce or balsamic vinegar (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 200°c.
- Slice the mushrooms and black kale and dice the onion and broccoli.
- Place all ingredients apart from the mushrooms and kale on a baking tray and bake for 15 minutes.
- Bake the mushrooms in a separate tray for 50/10 minutes – they let out a lot of water.
- Add the kale to the broccoli and onion tray and bake for 5 minutes.
- Cook the 7 grains according to packaging instructions and drain.
- In a big pot, heat up the olive oil and add the 7 grains.
- Mix all ingredients together in the pot and season with salt and pepper.
- If you fancy it, you can add a bit of soy sauce or balsamic vinegar for added flavor.
Serve your warm 7 grains salad while hot on a cold winter evening. For more healthy warming dinner inspiration, check out my rainbow winter warmer recipe.